November 4, 2022
Red Cross of Federation of BiH, entity branch of the Red Cross Society of Bosnia and Herzegovina, with the support of the Federal Administration of Civil Protection, Turkish Red Crescent and Swiss Red Cross organized the Camp Management Training for members of the Protection and Rescue Services and multi-purpose field units in the structure of the Red Cross of the Federation of BiH in the period from November 8 to 12, 2022.
3 representatives from of 10 cantonal organizations each were invited to the training, and during the training the participants went through different areas as follows:
– Area I – Dissemination of the Red Cross, the role and mandate of the Red Cross in disasters, IFRC – coordination and tools for crisis situations
– Area II – Disasters, types, risks, occurrence
– Area III – Risk assessment and scenario-based planning, PMER
– Area IV – Sphere standards, solid objects and tents – specifications and uses
– Area V – Accommodation; the organization also accepts accommodation, setting up camps, Red Cross services in shelters
In addition to local educators, there were representatives of the Turkish Red Crescent who were in charge of the area of the Shelter and camp management. In addition to the theoretical part, participants also had practical activities of setting up tents and setting up camps according to different scenarios.
Taking into account the importance of accepting and housing people in the event of a crisis situation, Sphere standards were an integral part of this training and it is very important for all participants to know about the Sphere Handbook, its basis as well as the key segments related to shelter and settlements.