Between June and October 2020, Sphere hosted a series of webinars to share good practice and technical guidance on humanitarian standards in the COVID-19 response. During the past months, we discussed the COVID-related challenges of local communities and humanitarian practitioners through their own voices, learning from their expertise. This last webinar aims to look back at the contexts and themes analysed during the six previous events to draw important lessons and disseminate key guidance on how to provide people-centered assistance during the pandemic.
The event will be delivered in English with simultaneous interpretation into Arabic, French and Spanish. We will provide international sign language interpretation and live English captions.
- Dr Balwant Singh, Sphere Executive Director & Co-Facilitator
- Manisha Thomas, Co-Facilitator
- Illiassou Adamou, Sphere trainer and Focal Point
- Allan Calma, Global Humanitarian Coordinator, Lutheran World Federation
- Linda Doull, Coordinator, Global Health Cluster, World Health Organisation
- Diana Hiscock, Global Disability Advisor, HelpAge International
- Dr Unni Krishnan, Humanitarian Director, War Child
- Aninia Nadig, Policy and Practice Manager, Sphere
- Shumon Sengupta, Consortium Director, Essential Health for the Disadvantaged
- Tanya Wood, Executive Director, CHS Alliance
- Share how communities have harnessed humanitarian standards to build their resilience to COVID-19.
- Highlight how Sphere, the Core Humanitarian Standard and other humanitarian standards have enabled and supported the COVID-19 responses;
- Explore how global perspectives promote quality and accountability at local levels.
- Elicit examples and challenges from webinar participants to promote further learning.
This project is funded by the H2H Network’s “H2H Fund”, which is supported by UK Aid from the UK government.